Adult Treatments for $123 per month
Think you’re too “old” for orthodontic treatment? THINK AGAIN! It’s never too late to achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
Orthodontic Care for Adults in Oceanside
Nothing in this world is more important than being true to yourself, embracing every part of who you are, and celebrating it. But if you don’t feel confident when you smile, you can inadvertently close yourself off from incredible experiences – like making a new friend, or landing your dream job.
At Allen Orthodontics in Oceanside, we don’t just make smiles more beautiful, we help you discover your true smile – a smile infused with real confidence. Because when you’re no longer afraid to smile you become more open, more honest, and more present in everyday moments. This is what we want for all of our patients.
Why should you consider orthodontic treatment?
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Mouths left untreated can get worse — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it’s needed can create long-term health issues costing you more in the end.
To learn more about the benefits of adult orthodontics please contact our practice to schedule an appointment. We understand that you have a busy schedule, and we will work with you to make sure each office visit is as convenient as possible.
Treatment options for adults
For many adults, the thought of having metal braces is enough to discourage them from receiving treatment. However, today’s orthodontic treatment options offer a variety of braces and appliances that are comfortable, aesthetic, and customized to meet your needs. Types of braces include:
- Clear braces
- Ceramic braces
- Self-ligating braces
- Lingual (behind the tooth) braces
- Invisible braces
- Traditional metal braces
The difference between adult orthodontics and orthodontics for children and teens
The main difference to remember when treating adults or children and teens, is that in younger patients the jawbones are still developing. For adults, these bones have stopped growing, which may mean the possibility of orthognathic surgery to align the jawbones. Other differences include:
- Gum or bone loss (periodontal disease) — Adults are more likely than children to experience gum recession or even bone loss due to gingivitis or advanced periodontal disease. Patients with straighter teeth are less likely to get gum disease.
- Worn or missing teeth — Over time teeth can become worn down and shift into different positions that can only be corrected with orthodontic care. Missing teeth can cause other teeth to shift and tilt, creating a bad bite and increasing the possibility of gum disease.
- Incomplete orthodontic treatment as a teen — Many adults received some orthodontic treatment as a child or teen, but never completed their treatment. As an adult, they choose to complete their orthodontic treatment to achieve the healthy, beautiful smile they always wanted.
Our practice also recognizes that adults and children have different needs, and require a different level of attention and care. We will work with you to ensure that you receive the most appropriate treatments, and that your needs are met with understanding and respect from us.
How it Works
1. Getting to Know You
At your first visit to our Oceanside orthodontist office, diagnostic records – typically photos of your face and teeth, as well as x-rays – to determine the best course of treatment. We use this information to develop a custom treatment plan that’s unique to your needs and goals. These records are also helpful in tracking the progress of your treatment as your teeth begin to move and shift into the optimal position.
2. Custom Treatment Plan
We’ve invested in the latest orthodontic technology so that we can provide each patient with a customized treatment plan that’s not only perfect for jaw structure and their specific goals but also their budget. After Dr. Allen evaluates your records, we’ll discuss our recommended treatment plan with you in detail, including the payment options.
No matter your age, we can help you get the smile you’ve always wanted.
3. Your New Smile
At Allen Orthodontics in Oceanside, we don’t just make smiles more beautiful, we help you discover your true smile – a smile infused with real confidence. Because when you’re no longer afraid to smile you become more open, more honest, and more present in everyday moments. This is what we want for all of our patients. So, let’s do this San Diego County. Let’s uncover the true you by discovering your true smile.
FAQs About Adults
Is it too late to have braces if I am already an adult?
Adult orthodontics is becoming more common, as orthodontic treatment helps increase overall happiness level, health, and self-esteem. It’s never too late for a beautiful smile!
Can I wear braces even though I have crowns and missing teeth?
Yes, absolutely! A tooth with a crown will move just like a regular tooth, and treatment will aid in the alignment of the remaining teeth.
Will my speech be affected?
When you first start wearing Invisalign, you may notice that your speech is not as clear as it normally is. This is nothing to panic about, as you simply must get used to wearing the aligners. Just spend a bit of time speaking or singing out loud while wearing your aligners and before you know it, your speech will return to normal.
Can I still play sports with braces or aligners?
Of course! We do recommend that you use a mouthguard to protect your mouth during treatment.
Is it OK to smoke with my aligners in?
Because cigarette smoke can discolor and stain your aligners, smoking is not a good idea while wearing Invisalign.
What are you waiting for?
Who You Are is Amazing. Your Smile Should Be Too.
Ready to start your smile transformation? Look no further than Allen Orthodontics, where we specialize in creating beautiful smiles that will leave you feeling confident and happy. Our experienced team is dedicated to providing exceptional orthodontic care tailored to your unique needs. Visit us today, and let us help you achieve the smile of your dreams!