Treatment for All Ages
The American Association of Orthodontics recommends every child see an orthodontist by the time they’re 7. After all, that’s when they’re grown-up teeth start coming in. Early treatment allows Dr. Allen to correct and guide your child’s jaw, create more space for crowded teeth, avoid the need for extractions later in life, and can correct thumb sucking and minor speech problems. If you’re ever curious about whether or not your child needs to see an orthodontist, look out for these things: crowded or misplaced teeth, difficulty chewing or biting, mouth breathing, thumb sucking, or popping jaws. These are all signs that it’s probably time to see Dr. Allen.
While it isn’t right for all patients, early orthodontic treatment comes with a range of advantages. Treating early allows us to shape the development of the teeth and mouth, letting us make significant alterations to tooth alignment that would be much more difficult in later years. In fact, because of the upper jaw has yet to solidify into a single bone during childhood, we can use a device called a palatal expander to gently widen the upper jaw and make more room for teeth – a process that would require extensive oral surgery in later adolescence or adulthood. Here are just a few of the benefits of interceptive orthodontic treatment:
- Makes more room for crowded teeth without surgery
- Prevents the need for tooth extraction
- Improves facial symmetry by influencing jaw growth
- Protects protruding front teeth from trauma
- Reduces the overall amount of time a child will spend in braces.
Two-phase orthodontic treatment is a specialized process that combines tooth straightening and physical, facial changes. The purpose of a two-phase treatment is to maximize the opportunity to accomplish the ideal healthy, functional, esthetic result that will remain stable throughout your life. The goal of phase one treatment is to help the jaw develop in a way that will accommodate all of the permanent teeth and to improve the way the upper and lower jaws fit together. The goal of the second phase is to make sure each tooth has an exact location in the mouth where it is in harmony with the lips, cheeks, tongue, and other teeth.
No. If you think your child needs braces, you do not need a referral from your dentist. Just make an appointment with Allen Orthodontics any time to discuss your child’s orthodontic needs and set up a treatment plan.
This doesn’t mean your dentist isn’t an important part of your child’s care. It’s important to continue regular visits to the dentist throughout orthodontic care.
Our practice offers a variety of braces, types and styles, to choose from. Some common options include:
- Traditional metal braces
- Clear braces
- Clear Aligners
- Invisalign® Teen
Orthodontic braces are a big part of life for many people your age. While braces may have had a bad reputation in the past, today’s braces make it easy to look good and feel good! Please contact our practice to schedule your next orthodontic checkup.
Adolescence is the perfect time to begin receiving treatment for the following reasons:
- Improved Facial Appearance & Oral Health – As your teen progresses through orthodontic treatment, you’ll notice positive changes to their appearance and smile. Also, straighter teeth and a healthier smile are much easier to maintain, making trips to the dentist a breeze.
- Positive Social Experience – Most of your teen’s classmates and friends will also have braces, making it that much easier to get your child to come to every appointment. They’ll be excited to wear braces with their friends, and go through the experience with their peers!
- Saves Time & Money – The longer you wait to solve orthodontic issues, the worse they can become. Choosing to align treatment with your child’s natural growth and development will save you time, money, and minimize overall treatment time.
Recently, modern technology has allowed orthodontists to produce Invisalign Teen, a new treatment that’s putting a smile on young faces everywhere. It is a system of clear, removable aligners specifically designed for teens. If you (or a teenager you know) are a candidate for this treatment, you might find it’s the best fit for your lifestyle with its many benefits:
- You get to eat what you want
- It’s easier to clean your teeth
- Best of all, it’s virtually invisible!
Orthodontic treatment isn’t just for teens. In fact, the American Association of Orthodontists cites that 1 in 5 orthodontic patients is over the age of 21. While some adults are getting treatment to look better, others are doing it for their overall oral health. Today’s orthodontic treatment options offer a variety of braces and appliances that are comfortable, aesthetic, and customized to meet your needs, such as clear braces, lingual braces, and clear aligners. Remember, a straight smile isn’t just beautiful; it will help you maintain the health of your teeth for your entire life.
Orthodontic treatment is an investment in your best asset – your smile – and it comes with a number of distinct advantages:
- Oral Health: Straighter teeth are easier to keep clean, which means that a new smile safeguards your teeth, gums, and jawbones from disease and decay for years to come.
- A Renewed Appearance: A new smile is a powerful way to reinvigorate your physical appearance, and your loved ones will notice the difference for years to come.
- A Boost in Confidence: The psychological benefits of a new smile are manifold. You’ll experience a boost in confidence, happiness, and self-esteem that radiates through every area your life – just imagine how much easier big presentations or social situations would be with a smile you’re proud of!
- Easier Than Ever: Thanks to advances in orthodontic technology, modern braces are slimmer, more comfortable, and more aesthetically appealing than ever before, and treatment alternatives like Invisalign mean no one has to know you’re straightening your teeth.
For many adults, the thought of having metal braces is enough to discourage them from receiving treatment. However, today’s orthodontic treatment options offer a variety of braces and appliances that are comfortable, aesthetic, and customized to meet your needs.
- Traditional metal braces
- Self-Ligating metal braces
- Clear braces
- Clear Aligners
- Invisalign® Teen
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Mouths left untreated can get worse — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it’s needed can create long-term health issues costing you more in the end.
To learn more about the benefits of adult orthodontics please contact our practice to schedule an appointment. We understand that you have a busy schedule, and we will work with you to make sure each office visit is as convenient as possible.
Metal and Ceramic Braces
Metal and clear braces are equally effective. Each case is unique, so treatment methods and appliances can vary depending on your specific needs but here is some general guidance for braces.
- Basic Cases: 12-18 months
- Moderate Movement: 18-24 months
- Complex Cases: 24-30 months
Style: Braces these days can be as inconspicuous as you want. Clear braces are nearly invisible, or you can show your style and accessorize with a wide variety of color bands!
Our commitment to using cutting-edge technology in our office lets us provide clear aligners like Invisalign with a better fit than ever before, providing a more comfortable and lower-profile treatment.
- Basic Cases: 6-12 months
- Moderate Movement: 12-18 months
- Complex Cases: 18-24 months
Style: A removable, virtually invisible solution for metal-free orthodontic treatment.
How it Works
1. Getting to Know You
At your first visit to our Oceanside orthodontist office, diagnostic records – typically photos of your face and teeth, as well as x-rays – to determine the best course of treatment. We use this information to develop a custom treatment plan that’s unique to your needs and goals. These records are also helpful in tracking the progress of your treatment as your teeth begin to move and shift into the optimal position.
2. Custom Treatment Plan
We’ve invested in the latest orthodontic technology so that we can provide each patient with a customized treatment plan that’s not only perfect for jaw structure and their specific goals but also their budget. After Dr. Allen evaluates your records, we’ll discuss our recommended treatment plan with you in detail, including the payment options.
No matter your age, we can help you get the smile you’ve always wanted.
3. Your New Smile
At Allen Orthodontics in Oceanside, we don’t just make smiles more beautiful, we help you discover your true smile – a smile infused with real confidence. Because when you’re no longer afraid to smile you become more open, more honest, and more present in everyday moments. This is what we want for all of our patients. So, let’s do this San Diego County. Let’s uncover the true you by discovering your true smile.
Our Patients Love Us
See what our patients have to say about their visits. Of course, you don’t just have to take everybody else’s word about how great we are, make your appointment today to take your smile to the next level and find out for yourself!
What are you waiting for?
Who You Are is Amazing. Your Smile Should Be Too.
Ready to start your smile transformation? Look no further than Allen Orthodontics, where we specialize in creating beautiful smiles that will leave you feeling confident and happy. Our experienced team is dedicated to providing exceptional orthodontic care tailored to your unique needs. Visit us today, and let us help you achieve the smile of your dreams!